The Outlook Web Access allows users to access their Microsoft Exchange Server mailbox from any computer using a web browser. You may use any web browser to access your Exchange server mailbox if you have an active internet connection. Outlook Web Access serves a great purpose to all those who travel and require remote access. With the help of Outlook Web Access, users can configure Outlook Express to retrieve email messages from Exchange Server. The below mentioned Outlook Express Help guidelines will help you to configure Outlook Express to retrieve email messages from Exchange Server using Outlook Web Access.
Instructions for configuring Outlook with Web Access
- Close the Microsoft Outlook application if it is open.
- Click the “Start” button and select “Control Panel” from the menu.
- From the Control Panel window, locate the “Mail” icon and double-click to open it. You have to add a new Outlook profile by clicking the “Add” button. You will get the option to provide a name for the newly created Outlook profile. Type a desired name into the text field of the dialog box.
- Next, you need to select the option “Add a new email account” and click on “Next” button. Locate the list of email servers from the window and choose “Microsoft Exchange Server” as your mail server and click on “Next” button.
- Look for the place where you can enter the URL for the Exchange Server web access. Type the URL address there. You can see a text field labeled “User Name” where you need provide your Outlook account name. In order to verify whether you have entered the correct value, you may click the “Check Name” button.
- Now click on “More Settings” button. From the More Settings window, click on “Security” tab. Mark the checkbox for “Encrypt Information”.
- Now click on “Connection” tab. Mark the checkbox for the option labeled “Connect to my Exchange mailbox using HTTP“. Now click on “OK” button to confirm and save your settings. Close this window and click the “Next” button.
- Finally click on “Finish” button to end the configuration.
You have now successfully configured your Outlook Express email client to retrieve messages from Exchange Server’s web access. It may be noted that Outlook Web Access has many versions with various feature sets. Go through the Outlook Express Help menu to get more information on how to configure and manage Outlook Web Access in Exchange Server.